Monday, April 25, 2011

Through Meg's Eyes


Every now and then I venture out with my camera in hand. Now I can show you what I saw.

A picture of the house that I live in with the Cathedral Tower in the background

Freshly burned bricks

Beautiful Ediofe, Arua, West Nile, Uganda, Africa

The road to the orphanage

The road to Ediofe Health Center

Yes, I promise. Goats really do run free here.

Chickens as well.



An after school "football" match.


I took a video of them and showed it to them on my camera (without sound) and they got a kick out of seeing themselves running around. I think there was one boy who was just annoyed that I had interrupted their game. Oops.

See what they are using for a soccer, oops, I mean football? Those are a couple of plastic bags tied together with a small piece of rope.



A couple of steps away, I found some "big boys" from the vocational school taking a break from their studies for their own game of football. They actually had a real football.
One of the girls that I have gotten to know from the vocational school (Scovia, on the far right) invited me in to see her dorm. This was about half the room and slept ten girls. Two of the bunks are stacked three bunks high.


This family saw me with my camera and wanted their picture taken. I love their expressions when I show them the picture which is usually uncertainty mixed with bashfulness and joy.

Then these boys ran up behind me and wanted their picture taken too. 
 So now you have seen what my walk around Ediofe looks like. Hope you enjoyed! Missing you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment